Friday, March 12, 2010

Conjure a Cookie


Aloha Poets,
Season of cookies inspire today's poem. Enjoy!


Conjure a Cookie

Here at the plenty where the fuzzy and cozy swarm
Cookies conjure common urges to stay all toasty warm
Secret nudges clinging on strings of yummy delectables
Lead me on this feeling to those funny little selectables

No hungrier crier than I for a cookie in tasty crispiness
Cookie love suspends affection in acts of hasty impetus
No graver crisis emerges to compare peaches with plum
Every detail in scrumptiousness down to the last crumb

Struggles with separation syndrome seek shadowy banyan
Cookie remains as a perfectly matched travel companion
How much time must elapse before chocolate melts and talks?
As noisy would-be sellers approach with a shiny little box

Hopeless from the start this yearning for dainty filled cremes
I run up to save myself in hapless embossed ice dreams
Torches of caress those impossibly thin wafered mints
Dangerously back away in decorative rays of hopeful hints

In my head the last cookie floats in cold nightmarish gloom
Unbearable pondering recollection heads back to my room
To conjure up a cookie before all that may happen and will
Memorizing in detail wafers in dipped deep chocolate fill

Interest rises out of the embers of those last crumbs tasted
Should I know it factually well as caramel coconut basted?
Those fictional tastes still exude on the last cookie sheet
Between known fingers wondrous desires where they meet

Suspension of belief reigns in tastes of crispy vanilla treat
Withdrawn from flights of fancy a wispy little crunches I eat
The act of naming it alters nothing new so happily zestful
Urges to exploit as enjoyment deploys desire in vests full

In the heart of the wafer is where my heart works to please
Cravings so delicate this soft mint chocolate cool breeze
In styles suited to these times dipped in cacao coating
Cookie do your will, send me further on journey floating

Could cost benefit analysis make decadence so wrong?
Child's first day at play sings cranberry fudge chunk song
Scary parts guess what's inside that dips in toasted coat
Such formidable foe that woman with a cookie in Ricci coat

This love affair needs to be there all along in forbidden flare
Disapproval as my trainer this peanut butter filling they stare
Intended consequences find fudge in shortbread so mired
It's no conradiction of what is known and what is desired

Never contend with content, go search the malls use no warning
Mothers scream out no doubt "I'll have all these eaten by morning"
Yes cookies do cut it so strut and milk them for all they're worth
There's a love affair in the air cookies alone and I do give birth

Just give me that cookie to fritter away impressions and the likes
In daydreams of tastes beyond their sprinkles in lacy stripes
Elaborate plan these cookies in my hand now travel plans I make
Chocolate curries favor crispy little flavor beyond domains of cake

2 comments: