Sunday, December 27, 2009

Berry Vanilla Vine



Aloha Poets,
Berry vanilla vine inspires today's poem. Enjoy!


Hoard of a Hotter Horror

As the western sky turns its earthen hue
I awake and step out into the din
Outlines of grass huts creep into view
Spans of distance catch me from within

Before my eyes a mirage, a public clock
With pendulums and all that entails
I thought of a timetable's linking lock
To capture those off jungle trails

Mobs of the moment somewhere move
Far away from this lapping shore
Shored up by the strong-willed to approve
Casting sway over a napping hoard

Suddenly a whole whale approaches my view
With his splashy penchant to beckon
Out of dignified respect I salute him too
With thoughts of how distant shores reckon

Cycles in nature maintain their own bent
Temporal moderators with no distraction
Still I wonder where my imagined clock went
Off to control the another spotlight of attraction

1 comment:

  1. Isn't that true? The tourist mob out there must drive you crazy. And on their little schedule, they must miss so much. Like your whale... I really like this one - I like the structure and the sound.

    ReplyDelete