Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Flower Cone



Aloha Poets,
Flower cone inspires today's poem. Enjoy!


Keepsake My Heart

Moonbeams of remembrance misty rejoice
Sounds eavesdrop with the softest of voice
A story appears from back in the day
With a lightness of voice holding darkness at bay,

"Here's your lunch honey, stay safe at school
And don't forget about the golden rule
I'll keep our home warm and when you've returned
I'd love to hear all about what you have learned"

She was more than a lady who gave me a treat
Always cooked heathy, lived on a safe street
The meaning of giving, what love really means
Forever in my heart, still lives in my dreams

Little fires warm where heart strings tinkle
On the cool stillness of a dark night's twinkle
Where stars of sweet hope always may glow
Gentle kindness of love my Grandma did show

In the midst of all joy let love's silence roar
When life's inevitable nod comes to the door
To always remember as if just yesterday
My Grandma's young heart back in the day

1 comment: