Thursday, January 7, 2010

Marshmallow Boy



Aloha Poets,
Marshmallow boy inspires today's poem. Enjoy!

Iambic Rambler

At this very moment had the world really changed?
So much so, among my settled ways and chains
The deal came so swift from the far of night
Asking me if I wouldn't mind taking up the fight

I conversed in a dream with a struggling vision
The impact of the aftermath of my meager decision
Epithets hurried and hid with the dark
And ran from this journey I now embark

Catharsis may catalyze competitive spirit
For a stunning piece of history yet to get
Who ever questions mania at quest's early day
Can papal infallibility really hold sway?

And what of the urge to be next to none
The visionary who still wonders of battles won
In the company of writers with messianic zeal
Naked ramifications voice their appeal

Once in a lifetime these bubbles trickle up
Clamoring for an ouster inside their little cup
Replicating visionaries may form lines in the halls
As mono-monocled focus rips at its walls

To become sort of numb now couldn't be good
With surefooted strategies I knock on this wood
Lessons are drawn along with my moat's bridge
As notable exceptions wait beyond darkened ridge

By and large, no one ever could have known
The seeds of persona so wildly sown
Fire still lights villages from distances shone
Epithets emerge now this thicket I call home

1 comment: