Friday, January 29, 2010

Wispy Palms



Aloha Poets,
Wispy palms inspire today's poem. Enjoy!

Uncle's Ankle and Ukulele Wine

Outlasting the outpost of my cherished dreams
At last count I remember back before my teens
A childhood enamored with glamorous stings
Finding true love fancies serious wings

To start my own family I wondered oh sure
Blessed cravings of love took on serious blur
The fate of my childhood danced on tippy-toe
With a frisky little puppy named Piddy-po

The hands of my pride strayed way out of sync
With my mother's hands always there in the sink
Unsolicited youth gave me no name for it
The day of my remembrance life was game for it

With the salt of the earth spread on my wing
Wondering to myself who fixes this thing
Construct an oasis of comfort and joys
Memory of Mother and childhood toys

Lapsing into her kind soft lap of luxury
My mind wandered off like a duck's jury
Sailing the seas until I saw no more shore
Childhood dreams shored up my home even more

Amidst the clouds of Great Wallenda
The balance of love's nocturnal agenda
Opportunity knocks a raging sea of life
Adventure answers the ways of strife

Little girls bring a world of comfort eyes
Childhood always sends in cute little guys
Innocence protects cruel jokes of age
Then saves you from your own personal rage

The importance of impotence takes on a new ring
Allowing to endure what life slowly will bring
That's not quite the thing you had in mind
Grandpa's story of Uncles ankles and ukulele wine

Madness comes in many shapes and sizes
Life so surprising with its disguises
So many people so much to recall
Is it really my turn to carry the ball?

Always in trouble or it seems those grown-ups
Little child protects them from the badge of logic
Spent it away in a childhood game
Spin it away as if it's all the same

Reading hearts glow across gloomy land
lucky for me they put a pen in my hand
Once in a while hear of a hero at large
Authority's badge turned into a bard

Over there in the stillness under empty shelf
Darkness sits and wonders all by itself
For me now writer of hero of myth
Inspiration stands, darkness and stillness come with

And as darkness grows, daily scavenger search
Finding the words to get me out of this lurch
What will be found I'm not really sure
No sweeter a game this blank page allure

No comments:

Post a Comment